The architect of this imaginative Swiss style villa was Ferdinand Boberg, one of Sweden's greatest architects in the beginning of the 20th century. Many of his works can be found in Stockholm as for example the residence of the Swedish government Rosenbad, the Thielska Art Gallery, Waldemarsudde -the museum of Prince Eugen and the NK department store.
The villa was designed in 1906 as an exhibition space for the Nordic Company for an industrial show in Norrköping which lies about 60 km south of Nyköping. Here they displayed "the newest and most exclusive furniture and interior decorations for the exclusive circle of NK customers". After the exhibition the villa was moved to Nyköping and given to the employees of the NK workshops, which had been established in the town some years earlier. It became a place for meetings, festivities and other leisure activities. It took until the year 2006 before the villa was opened to the public. From 2009 it is run by the Society of NK-Villa Friends and used for arranging art exhibitions, lectures and concerts.
Lasse Alexandersson (SE), Frang Dushaj (SE), Lena Ehn (SE), Susanne Galdén Fredriksson (SE), Irene Hansson (SE), Marita Hörk Suomalainen (SE), Markus Kasemaa (EE), Tiia Külv (EE), Kadi Kurema (EE), Lisa Leander Ahlgren (SE), Anna Litvinova (EE), Helle Lõhmus (EE), Katrin Pere (EE), Sandra Pihlak (EE), Agneta Pihlström (SE), Sanna Seppänen (FI), Lill Sjöström (SE), Mette Strand (SE), Merike Sule Trubert (EE)