"The Heat is On" Rocca Flea, Gualdo Tadino, Italy

10 Jan 2015 - 31 Jan 2015

Festive opening Saturday 10 January 2015 17:30

The name of Rocca Flea derives from the nearby river Flebeo, later called Flea, and it appears already in the 12th century documents. Damaged during many conflicts, the fortress was restored by one of the most powerful Roman Emperors Frederick II around 1242 and later several times renovated by for example Biordo Michelotti, the lord of Perugia. During the Renaissance the Rocca became the residence of the papal legates and, as a consequence of it, part of the interiors were decorated with frescoes. After the Unification of Italy, it was used as a prison until 1985. After that it was restored and turned into a civic museum with rich collections of art, ceramics and archaeology. It is now the main sight of the town.

Participating artworks:

Comune Di Gualdo Tadino Museo Civico Rocca Flea di Gualdo Tadino

loading map...
Slide to Top